I know its already a week in but I figured there was no better time to start mapping out my goals then the present. Fall has been crazy so far but I love how busy I am. It’s keeping me moving and, most importantly, it’s keeping me in the moment (something I’ve always struggled with).
Here are a few things I’d really like to accomplish this month:
- Finish my workout log for work. We have an incentive to do 52 workouts from August-October and I’m almost done but still, it’ll be an accomplishment. On top of that, I’d like to workout 3 times a week (minimum).
- Pass all of my exams this month! I have so many tests coming up and while I’m using this time to procrastinate from studying, I have time scheduled to knock out the important things coming up.
- Finish one book. It really shouldn’t be hard, I’m almost done with two but taking the time for myself to actually read them is difficult (no my textbooks do not count as reading).
- Attend one Junior League event. I have had to miss out on a few Junior League events due to my crazy schedule recently and I really want to get some time in with the League. If I can at least put in a few hours of volunteering, I’ll be extremely happy.
- Focus on eating plant-based again. When I recently stressed myself out, I noticed that my eating habits took a turn which didn’t help my mood. One thing I really want to focus on while I’m so busy is keeping myself healthy by eating the right foods. It’s can be difficult to eat healthy while working nightshifts as there is always the temptation to eat all night to stay awake which leads me to my final goal.
- Come up with a healthier schedule for my shifts. Since they tend to be a lot slower (depending on my patients) I need to keep myself busy. I’ve been attempting to study for my CCRN certification although it gets difficult sitting for long periods at 3 am and not getting drowsy. I think I might need to start taking walking breaks around this time to re-energize myself halfway through the night. I’ll report back next month with my results!
So there it is, 6 relatively easy goals for the month. Hopefully I can accomplish them all.